- 2 cups drained and rinsed black beans
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp plus 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
What to do:
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put black beans, 1 cup dates, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, oats, vanilla, baking powder, water, and milk in a high-speed blender. Whirl until well combined into a brownie batter consistency. Taste to make sure it doesn’t need more chocolate.
- Spoon into a parchment-lined 8”x8” or 9”x9” baking dish. Level and smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Rinse out blender. Add 1 cup dates, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, and coffee to blender. Whirl until it is well-combined in a fudge-frosting consistency. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, insert a toothpick to make sure cake is done. Let it cool on a wire rack. When pretty cool, spoon frosting on top and smooth. Cut and serve with coconut ice cream.